Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Monday, May 17, 2004

Job Search

Woke up and dressed nicely to go Cantonment Road for this interview which I've No idea what position it was for. I filled in the form, found this other girl sitting at this corner, thought she looked quite friendly, so decided to talk to her and asked exactly what job we're interviewing for so it won't be so embarrassing later.

Turned out that it's some promoting thing. Like the latest Anderson Ice-cream stunt about how a buying a card will entitle customers some discounts and a portion of the proceeds will go to charity blah...to think that Karwee and Kailin were complaining about it!

The interview went ok. It seems that they are willing to take in just about anybody cos' training will be provided. The manager is REALLY quite cute. All right, that's besides the point. Cos' well...pay is purely commission-based. No basic, that's a deterring factor. But anyhow, both my new-found friend xinyi and I decided to attend the on-job training tmr. (It appears that she's also from NUS, science and one yr younger! We hit it off so well they thought we were good friends! ;P)

I was telling her about my feelings with regards to the job. I really hate those people trying to promote and sell things to me when I walk on Orchard Road, now that I might become one of them really puts me off...

Anyhow, we walked on to People's Park Complex. I decided that well, since I'm there, might as well accompany her for the next interview. But cos' it was lunch time, we were told to come back half an hr later.

In order to kill time we went to the Macs at Chinatown. And we saw...JACLYN TAY! All right, not that I'm a big fan of hers but it's always exciting to see a celebrity outside...esp...In MACS at CHINATOWN!?!?

So...I summonned enough courage to ask for her autograph finally! Can't let this chance slip by. She was pretty nice. Though she was in e middle of a SMS, she stopped to sign in my organiser. I commented that her voice sounded exactly like it was on TV (what a STUPID comment) but well...it was fun! AND...even funnier to see her eat fries, fillet-o-fish and drink milo!!!!!!!!!!! These people actually do eat!!! Fast-food at that!! But...she's still so freaking skinny!!!

Anyways, this uncle sat beside us and told us how paisei he was to face Jaclyn, told us that his daughter studied Chem and that we should just find a job at Macs...it was interesting chatting with him.

I like my new friend cos' she made me really happy today! First, she said I looked like a dancer! A ballet dancer somemore! I was SO touched!!! My dream is to be a dancer! But I guess my pink skirt might have played a part.

Then she said...I didn't look fat!! OHMYGOSH...I was up on cloud nine already man. Hahaha...

By the ways, the second job turned out very similar to the first. Sales, pay 20% of proceeds...pay supposedly lowest $40 and ave ppl earn $60 to $80...though I've doubts...but well, I preferred this one somehow cos' I dun think their events are as prestigious as the other one...but at least he said work CAN be rather flexible though we're expected to work 8:30 till 6:30 from Mon to Sats...and we'll be given one day orientation, just to follow a leader and observe then given the choice to decide. The other one is on-the-job training...

I really don't know man. I spent the rest of my time walking ard in Hougang and Heartland Malls...thinking if I want such a job.

Sigh...why am I reduced to such a pathetic state!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home