Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Friday, August 13, 2004

Unexpectedly Happening day

Today was pretty eventful...let me start from the top.

Lecture notes "saga"
I woke up for breakfast with the intention of going to school early to print my notes. Ate some disgusting tuna? sardine? thing with bread? then came back to my room.

I fell asleep...so ended up being quite late...and after some advice from jingwen, decided to attend the lecture 1st.

Which was a good thing.

Cos' I realised then...that I had printed those notes when I was at home..great! bwahaha...=P

Lucky didn't waste money n time...

After lecture was supposed to be work but i decided to skive abit so went to Science wif e intention to haf lunch wif XY n YT but ended up loiterin in Co-op, stepping on someone's foot in my heels..;P and buying signing up for a tuition job, seeing JB at the tuition booth!!! getting my NUSSU diary...and buying a waffle. Bwahaha...

Got to office..settled down in front of a com...TRIED SUPER HARD not to fall asleep...but eventually I did...for a while...den Z started askin me 2 help wif e Welcome Tea, F askin me if I cld go down 2 airport i e last min 2 pick up dis Myanmar scholar...I was initially quite hesitant cos' i was supposed to meet my RF today to talk 2 him abt my letter of recommendation...but in e end i thought...can't b that much work...at most i'll b abit late...shld b ok..

SO...After wolfin some food at e WOK (btw...alumni house brought back alot of memories of e old KR...Hai...), I hurriedly took a bus down to Buona Vista to catch a COMFORT cab! (used e corporate card, charge to NUS mah...) And off to Changi Airport I went. The taxi driver was pretty nice. I made it clear that I was rushin for time n he kept his word...got me there in 25 mins! And he was conversing wif me in Mandarin...and we're acting like old friends...(as usual...i'm always close to taxi drivers!!!) then...

I started to doze off. Best. I was THAT tired.

Mel woke me up with a phonecall...and I got off at "departure hall"! what e?!?! but then...scariest was that...the plane supposedly landed at 17:11...but when I was standing at the gate from 17:35 to 17:55...i almost thought that it's end of me...she actually left?!?! So i had to call F, carried on to wait patiently...and finally I saw a guy waving at me!

At last, after like close to 45mins of waiting..she's a very sweet girl who's out alone the 1st time in her life..to b overseas...

So after she changed money, we headed straight for PGP. 1. We kept getting lost inside and we could hardly find the place we were told to go.... 2. was BLOODY pissed when we arrived at abt 7pm, the technician ssid he's gg for his dinner break for one hr...fine. We took it as that. Tried askin e nice cleaner who helped look after e luggage to help...but he couldn't either...so...we walked ard, bought a phone card...she called home, then we had drinks plus Yam Bao...den exchanged more info...she gave me some currency called Kyats! (so sweet of her!) and I found out how the living standards differ. expenses per day in Singapore is enough to last them for 3 days back home! Suddenly felt bad letting her pay for my drink..but she did say that she wanted to treat me...and I thought...i'ld treat her back too! Would like to meet up with her more and show her around abit...it's her first time overseas...and she knows nobody here! No relatives or friends who are contactable...no wonder she looked quite scared!

Initially, I was thinking...that PGP might b a good place to stay in...SO MANY cute guys! Caucasians especially!! and it's just interesting to see so many people of different nationalities walking by...it seemed rather lively and all...and food looks interesting! so...I was pretty tempted...UNTIL.

The stupid admin made us wait for 1/2 hr more than we shld! and cos' her luggage so heavy...we didn't bring it around wif us but he refused to go with us to collect her passport and letter of acceptance. I think my face must have showed my INTENSE displeasure.what cld b a matter of simple registering turned out to be more than 1 n a half hrs! And i missed my dinner ONCE AGAIN cos' of HIS dinner. Plus my meeting with Dr Toh, Supper making, SW meetin, I missed out on so much!!! I was actually at a certain time quite upset. But I did make a new friend somehow...so well...just had to say something.

SUCKS

DEN! there's the STUPID STUPID cluster leader. She deserves to be screwed upside down! Elaborate tmr...i'm dying already...close to 4am! Siao...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home