Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Friday, April 16, 2004

Idiotic me

I was pleasantly surprised when I received an overseas call from a friend!

Friend, (W) was a little bit upset cos the other half back here (Y) in S'pore was upset.

Perhaps of the fact that W might be taking up a summer job and will only be back in July. Y probably missed W too much cos' Y did mention that if only W wasn't studying somewhere so far away...W also went through alot of "struggles" before telling Y abt the summer plans. Not that W doesn't want to come back, but opportunities don't come knocking so often.

Are long-distance relationships really so hard to maintain? I've always thought simply, so long as 2 people are in love, and there's constant communication, what can go wrong??

But perhaps i'm wrong. I told W to keep reassuring Y that W loves Y and misses Y and what not. But W said..."won't that make it worse? it might seem that it's W's fault that W wants to stay back and then end up missing Y so much."

Yeah...so what's right? To let the other half know that you're happy and doing well and hope that he/she will be happy for you. (and risk him thinking that you can go on without him) Or constantly remind him/her about your affections and thoughts and make him/her miss you too?

What works? So...does being with each other solve everything? I guess being with each other physically makes alot of difference...doesn't matter if you know every single detail of his/her life elsewhere...being apart makes a difference?

I really don't know. And suddenly, I'm glad I'm spared of all these...

I just wish...that all my friends turn out fine. Cos' they are people whom I love and I believe they all love each other too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home