Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Sunday, March 07, 2004

Sins

I'm sure i'm the exact embodiment of Sloth and Gluttony! For the past week I've had a relatively relaxed and easy week cos' as compared to my friends, I had no essays, no projects due and no mid-terms! Precisely...I told myself to move around abit more, but i ended up spending more time on my bed!

Then Friday came, Peiling and I went to Sakae to enjoy the 1-for-1 buffet deal! It was an truly an "experience" to be standing in the queue for close to 2 hrs just to get into the restaurant! And it's amazing to see how total strangers suddenly seemed to "unite" when it was close to closing time and we all faced the possibility that we might not get to eat at all! The poor manager had to try and convince some people to leave! It turned out that there were people who came earlier just to leave their names and then went off to shop whereas some "faithful" queuers stayed behind and basically just stood in line and chit-chatted! (Like us!) It was rather funny to hear people around us complain either "under their breaths" or went up to confront the manager and demand for the "boss" to be down to "settle the problem". It was like a play in it's own right! The various reactions of people when they are hungry and unhappy! Haha...idea!
Rei was right, it's at times of offer and discounts do the "ugly" side of Singaporeans surface.

Once we helped ourselves to the seat and drinks...we started ordering like nobody's business...but cos' they were seriously shorthanded...some of our orders came REALLY REALLY Late! like after we were full and almost dying! So we had no choice but to "sneakyly" put the cover on e sushi put it on the belt n left! bwahahaha....;P

I had my dinner so late I couldn't sleep! Went back and watched Love actually in xinye's room! hmm...i guess...i can't really appreciate the show...it was ok lah...but too many stories, can't give a proper ending to most i think.

Next came Saturday. I actually managed to have breakfast! Came home to eat more, then went to Gracia's house for her birthday party! It felt so good! To see so many familiar faces after like...years?!!? I was touched that Gracia actually invited me! I talked to Jianbi, michelle, sharon and company! We have all had different experiences, met different people but yet we still look so familiar, can relate so well...it's amazing! =) Of cos' i ate some more...but the most amazing part of the party was Gracia singing us a song! She's SO SO sweet! and well...i was really touched by her "hilarious speech". She's truly a gem to those who know her and I'm glad to have known her, really! It's the first time i received a card from attending a party...and I felt so happy for her cos' she's so loved by people around her! She deserves it of cos!

After the party, i rushed home to bake a cake with a miracle cake mix by Betty Crocker! Cos' Ewan told us to bring something baked! It turned out ok! Smelling nice! =) I was quite proud of it cos it was my 1st cake! (though i didn't do much except to add water, stir n put it in e oven!) But best thing though is that everyone laughed at my cake and said that it looked like curry instead! Bwahaha...guess it's cos my presentation's quite bad!

We ate A HELL lot over there too! Like we were perpetually in the kitchen, ate vermiceil (not sure how to spell!), ALOT OF PIZZA, a pandan chiffon than turned out like "kueh", 1 moist chocolate cake, 2 rich chocolate cakes, my "curry cake" and an oreo mudpie!!! WOW...how sinful is that?!?! bwahaha...but I guess it's not the food lah...more like the opportunity to just hang around with my friends, talk crap, about the past, look at old photos, keep ourselves updated about our love lives...

I like birthdays! Happy 21st to all my friends!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home