Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Monday, March 22, 2004

I'm the luckiest girl alive!!!

I'll wanna maintain this mood! though I know there's work for me to do, things for me to read, responsibilities for me to face up to, and that some of my friends are facing problems, whether at work, school, home or in relationships...

But I wanna be HAPPY! TRULY HAPPY. Cos' somehow it just feels like I haven't been REALLY REALLY happy for sometime already.

Or perhaps I shouldn't be thinking about and comparing my happiness NOW to that of my SEC school days, or even my JC ones...

Cos' back then, the world was colourful, with well-defined colours, and there's black and white! Now...the world is still colourful, with more colours in fact cos' of all the blending and merging...and there's a whole lot of Grey...

BUT...I'm really happy! REALLY, I should be! =) Despite the fact that I was really tired on Sat after a few days and nights of serious lack of sleep and all...and that JUST RIGHT before the chalet i still felt like I wanted to cry and not to continue with the "party"...but eventually...ALL WENT RIGHT! With the help and support of my friends of cos!

It's tough being my close friends I tell you...Peijin had to bear with so much shit from me when I kind of "threw" my tantrum at her when I couldn't do my tutorial and I felt so dumb and all...and later being miserable for being early and others being late when they were out getting things FOR ME...Well...I was being an arse, but she never blamed me! =)

Aili, Meifeng and Peijin were the earliest to arrive and they helped me bought all the food needed for the steamboat! Wouldn't have known what to do without them cos' I'll probably have forgotten to buy alot of things! ;P Then when we got there, they immediately set out to wash this, cut that...whilst I was just sitting at one corner, desperately messaging everyone to buy this or buy that (which we found to be lacking)...or else to go up and down picking people up! Later...my MUM and my Bro came! TO deliver Chicken curry! MY MUM is the BEST!! and I LOVE HER SO! Told her that it'll be nice if she made curry for my birthday party then she purposely tested out the curry the week before to MAKE SURE that it's good! After dropping by with the curry and other necessities such as knife, can opener and detergent which i seriously over looked, they both left without having dinner cos' my brother was getting uncomfortable with the idea that there'll be 10s of girls in the chalet! haha...

People then started to come....Qingwen and com. were the first to arrive then dinner started!!! Later my hall friends came and they "hogged" the Sofa and the TV for the wonderful channel U show "love is beautiful"...(well, the ending was at least satisfying...I still like happy endings and the GOOD winning!)

So the whole night, I basically hopped around eating ALOT ALOT of food...tried to talk to as many people as I can (but Still, i didn't do a good enough job cos' i left out ALOT of people)!
And tried to catch as much of the show as possible whilst "interacting"...

Cut my cake at about 9pm cos' some people had to leave already! I think I'm just not very comfortable with the idea of having so much attention on me! But still, I was happy to hear so many people sing my birthday song for me! After a very embarrassed me made a very quick wish...(ACTUALLY i forgot to think properly about what I really want...) ;P I cut the fabulous Choc cake from Marina Mandarin Hotel!!!

Those present were people impt to me...they were people I met along the way...and who "stuck" around me...of cos' there were many others who couldn't come or that I didn't invite due to the "worrisome" part of me getting the upper hand! I considered too much and eventually, i realised that hey...I could have invited alot more people!!! There were enough space! and I needn't have worried abt the interaction and all cos' well...things will eventually turn out....but well...it's over and I'm still happy!!!! Will do a better job for my 60th birthday!!! ;P hee...

Then I went about talking to the guys...(poor things, only 4 of them from 60) and updated myself on their lives abit, learnt more about the "art of dieting" ---yes, they guys know how to "diet" too...and well...psycho-ed a few to consider coming into KR.

Then I went over to my Hall friends...they were really sweet! really, after going thru so much trouble to get my shoes, only to find that my feet's too fat...I know they went through alot of headache deciding on the colour and the size and I love them for that! AND AND...the huge PINK card!! without them...I'll probably not have any birthday well wishes at all! (Cos' didn't really receive any cards....)

AND AND....cannot leave out the pretty babes! THEY are absolutely the coolest!!!!!!!! They went through alot of stomachache and mouthache(from all the laughing) to come up with the MTV just for me!! AND oh boy...I didn't know whether to laugh (Cos' they were simply hiralious) or to cry...(I was so touched)...It's like one the of best presents to get ever! TO know that your friends love you and they they dun mind being a fool just for you!!!

And of cos...the people who went through the most for the planning and execution of my party...the lishis! Sigh...I'm one lucky girl!

The night went by with my hall friends watching tv, pretty babes discussing abt their future and job prospects, coming up with ideas of a joint consultation effort (it used to be a food parlour) and the lishis exchanging information about their love lives...

it was only until about 4am then we ALL started to rest....We're no longer young lah...not like past chalets when we'll insist on going out in search of the beach and all...now we lay in bed and talked! I slept in the living rm with Huiyi...and well...had a neckache for a while...and woke up real early (cos' joyce and wenxu left early) to eat a lot of junk and watch tv!! Haha...being awake alone...looking at all my friends sleep...I actually feel very fortunate!

Sigh...enough of all my crapping on my birthday party...time to go for tutorial!! shucks...running late! Will update about the happenings after that later!!!!!!!!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home