Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Pain pain

I've actually had a bad day yesterday.
Cos' 1. I kind of "wasted" 2 hours waiting at my dentist's cos' I forgot to bring my notes to read. How smart.
2. I walked the long way to a bus stop, and was scolded by a motorcyclist cos' I hesitated when I was crossing the road. I wanted to let him go first but he stopped to ask, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" in a super irritated voice. The only thing I could do then was to say sorry.

What a F&^*ED up day.

To think that i was looking forward to getting my retainers.

For those who didn't know. I actually put on braces in my secondary school days. And being the silly girl I am. I lost my retainers shortly after the removal of my braces...and as I see my teeth shifting...I started to get scared. So when I saw my dentist again 2 weeks ago. I told him about my concerns...luckily he said my teeth can still be saved by retainers. So I made one for my upper jaw.

And I was told to wear it the whole day for a month.

It's then I recalled the pain I had to endure for my once very neat teeth. It's actually very uncomfortable wearing the retainers.

How fast people forget. I only remembered the "fun" of the braces. Now that I'm wearing retainers...I can't chew very well...and it so damn hurts when I put them back.

The things people go through in the name of "beauty".

But well..I guess it's just a matter of getting used to. After having my braces on for about 20 mins...it's not so "painful" anymore. Guess i'm quite numb to it.

Till the next time I remove it to eat something.

I just hope...that I'll be disciplined and determined to last it out for a month. And hopefully my 2 BIG front teeth will shift in by then.

Perhaps I'll lose some weight too! But not being able to eat too much and too fast.

Haha...

1 Comments:

At 21 October 2004 at 18:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow big sis i din know u wore braces b4!! but yr teeth looks straight now what... why need retainer?? I need to do something to my teeth too... sigh. so long nv see dentist liao. U got a gd dentist to recommend? the one near my place is a rip off!! haha
-shirong

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home