Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Saturday, October 16, 2004

2046

Just came back not too long ago from JP. The first midnight movie I can remember watching.

Dunno how I should feel about the show exactly. Others seem to like it so much. On the contrary, I don't exactly feel like SUPER happy after watching this show like most of the other movies.

Other movies make me laugh heartily, or cry sorrowfully.

But not this one. I just sat there, admiring the filming...and feeling the show.

Yes, surprisingly, I feel like I've kind of understood the show. Maybe not in the exact sense the director wants to portray, but at least I've my own interpretation and I didn't come out feeling all bewildered.

I could actually feel the emotions of the characters, and understand them. Cos' the story is just about life. About the various love stories that happen all around us.

*note: please don't continue reading if you wish to watch the show and interpret it on your own. This will contain alot of my own feelings*

Tony Leong: He's just a man who goes along with "the flow". He once loved deeply...thought he loved again, but was probably only trying to find memories of the old love on the new girl. He played the field, broke the hearts of others...thought he fell in love again, but learnt that love is a matter of timing, and that when he can't force things to happen, the next best thing is to give up on it, and hope that the other party is happy and doing well.

It may not be known who he really loves and who he doesn't. Do all the subsequent girls that he falls for simply reminds him of Su Li Zhen or is it just because these women were with him at the right time, when he needed someone in his life? Does it really matter? Fact is that he had shared a part of his life with these women. And it will always remain that way. I liked the last part of the show alot. Something about being on a train, heading towards a foggy future.

I can so imagine a lot of people are like him.

Zhang Ziyi: To me, she's the tragedy of the show. It's apparent that she's so in love with Tony. But he broke her heart time and again, despite the fact that she has made a lot of compromises. She allows him to have affairs with other women, only request is that he doesn't bring them back to the hotel. But he didn't agree. She had no choice but to break up, and led a life as usual, sleeping with other men...but only on PURPOSE, in hope that Tony will be jealous. But it didn't happen. She dwidled into someone with low confidence, looked for Tony one last time before she left for Singapore. Gave him all the $10 notes which she had been faithfully keeping, hoping that he wouldn't use them to pay the bill, hoping that he would agree to be with her one last time, just before she leaves...but no...her hopes were dashed again and again...
She's truly a sad character. She loved, but men treated her as a "fun" thing. She was "hurt" by Tony, just because she loved him but he didn't.I thought that in the end, Tony might choose her, cos' she's the one who has loved him so openly for so long. She never forgotten about him, but so what? He had never really thought of spending his entire life with her. So she's destined to be a sad character.

I hope...I won't be like her.

Faye Wong: She's a very fortunate girl. Though she faced strong objections by her father initially, she eventually managed to be with her loved one 6 years later. Apparently the guy loves her just as much. And her father eventually gave in.

I hope...to be like her.

But I guess...sometimes, we can't really control love. Who we love may not love us, but who we don't may love us so...such that we end up having to hurt them badly.

Sigh...I dunno what to make out of all these. But it's almost 4am in the morning...Think it's time for bed!

Night...

1 Comments:

At 16 October 2004 at 16:24 , Blogger Shuhui said...

yeah man. talk abt indulging in memories. when I was gg back NUS from home a few days back. I saw HwaChong and I just wanted to cry on the bus.

Was thinking of our "date" to go back. I really wanna go back, relish, and hopefully, REALLY bury those memories, or better still.

Leave them there. Where they belong?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home