Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Sunday, November 14, 2004

Touched

I was so tempted to start complaining. But I guess my PROGRESS is plain for all to see...i usually vent all my frustrations via my msn nick.

HAHA.

But anyways, the reason why I typed this entry is because I was touched by this documentary. If only I've seen this 3 years back...who knows? I might have "changed" and studied SO SO hard I'll end up with 3 or 4 As...and be in the med fac.

I Did...once in my lifetime...wished that I'll be a doctor who can help save lives. This documentary was about doctors and nurses who went on a voluntary trip to Indonesia to help poor children from the villages to do some simple surgery, to correct a defect such as a cleft lip.

Upon seeing how their parents were so sorry for the fact that they couldn't afford to let their children undergo a surgery, their happiness when they saw how "handsome" their child have become....I can't help but feel tons of respect for the medical staff...and thoughts of what a terrible thing "poverty" is.

A simple surgery, would probably have changed their lives forever...not just their appearance, but their futures...

My doctor friends...do all you can do help others k? You are doing a sacred job here! =)

Banzai!

1 Comments:

At 15 November 2004 at 22:16 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Da jie, yah it always touches me how meaningful n sacred it is to have the power to heal. Ha nvm i'm sure we can do our small little part to help these pple eg pass the scapel to the doc? haha.
-shirong

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home