Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Monday, June 14, 2004

Urban Escape

Yes...the sports event I was involved in, happened. On Sun, 13th June.

Sat I woke up all groggy and was thus late to meet R and M at northpt. It was pretty funny cos' i was supposed to brief them about the event yet I didn't manage to print the stuff out. And R almost finished her lunch.

So after being with them for abt half an hr. I left for Pasir Ris. Reached finally at 3pm and hung around. Tried to help in whatever I can and well, had a very nice chat with Aili when I was sitting around looking after the bags. When Aili left, I had some time alone. Went to sit on stone facing the sea and just sat there, letting the wind blow at my face, listened to 93.3, the loud chatter going on amongst the huge group of guys sitting near me. When I was younger, my classmates and I used to do that. Sit by the sea at night, chat, and sang...those were the times. The age of innocence. Too bad it's gone.

Well, didn't have much time to be with myself before we had to gather. Bathing at Pasir Ris was pretty much a horror! My shower head was SO strong, the water sprayed all the way to the door! So I either had to stretch my hands real far...OR I would lean forward to press, then hurriedly lean back to "catch" the water! Bwahaha...it was terrible cos' the water flow only sustained for a SHORT while so I just kept leaning forwards and backwards...and of cos' i ended up flooding the toilet. Not that I can control it...most of the water was aimed at and beyond the door!

We sat around waiting for the guys to come back, drank Milo and finally slept at about 1am. Well, we slept on top of ponchos and ground sheets laid on the stage under a huge tentage. It was uncomfortable, i expected that. So I just kept waking up. Cos' of the noise, the coldness! (fan was blowing at me) and of cos...the DAMNED mosquitoes! Hope they die of overeating! Bwahaha...it's been a LONG LONG time since I got so many bites! No less than 20! All over my arms, hand, fingers, and esp. my legs! Sigh...having a mosquito coil burning next to my feet didn't seem to work. And I applied the repellant too late.

Sunday came. Lacked sleep, but well, was all geared for the day! I loved the pink sunrise at the Biking Trail =)

Had difficulties setting up the tentage. Therefore was late at putting up the questions. I didn't manage to give out instructions cos' I had to be back to sign. We didn't foresee the fact that participants might not bring their pens. Original jobs allocated to R and M had to be re-shuffled. But all went okay in the end. Thanks to my CAPABLE friends and E. I think I'm really pretty useless. I can't make decisions, I'm not organised. Well, pretty much just plain useless. But i'm LUCKY. cos' i've capable people assisting me! Haha...maybe that's how it's been all along. I'm never as capable as I imagined to be.

I didn't command the packing of the goodie bag. It just happened cos' everyone was there to give ideas and help.

Same for the Biking Trail. I was often told what to do. So much for being the station master. But actually I din mind. I felt fortunate to have so many smart people around me really. We all managed to kind of "settled" the cock ups. And I hope my friends had some fun seeing all friends, chatting with them...and looking at cute guys! Bwahaha...oh oh...and yeah! Drinking 100 plus! OMG...I think I drank like at least 20 cans of 100 plus within the 2 days! bwahaha...

Oh..and I had stomachache in the middle of the event. Luckily this nice 1st aider (MT) took me to the toilet (which turned out to be quite near!)
MT is a really sweet girl who looks like she's in Sec sch but is actually my age and she did Food and Nutrition! Promised to help me monitor my diet but I forgot to get her HP number! =(

After my station closed. I went into the trail with M. I really wanted to. Wonder where I got my courage from. Guess I was too "high" (suddenly recalled myself breaking out into a horrible song in front of R. Hilarious. That's what I love abt being wif friends. I can be as silly as I want to.)

THE trail was TIRING! Didn't really believe R at first cos' initially it was fun! But after the slope...bwahaha...the slope was REALLY a very small one. Say...inclination of about 40 degrees? Whatever, I THOUGHT I could get past it...but no...Haha...I started to slip and So BUMP BUMP BUMP i went down the rocky slope...I was lucky I didn't roll over and fall. REALLY. but OUCH. It hurt! ALOT! I was thinking it's a good thing I'm not a guy. Would have DIED. Still I couldn't help but hop around and kept yelling to Mel that I dun wanna lose my virginity! Bwahaha...dun ask what came over me. I think I was really Mad.

I was quite tired after that. Lost control and went down the slope one but still didn't fall. I was one blessed idiot. Managed to continue and got out of the trail in one piece after alot of encouragement from M. It's a nice feel actually. I would love to go back there again. But next time, think I'ld bring a picnic basket along with me. And sit in one of those open fields inside. and just look at the sky for a while. That place is really rather special.

Was fetched back to base camp shortly after my "stunt" inside the trail. Oh yeah, I came out and told everyone about how I almost died and how worried I am about my hemen. I thought the outsiders who were hanging ard the pavilion thought I was abit weird cos' they were staring at me. But HECK.

Still, honestly, I was pretty worried. Went back. Sat around. and went to bathe at 1pm. Sos regretted it cos' I had to walk around in long pants for the next 3 hrs. Saw WD and made him treat me drinks the next time we go clubbing together! WD is really nice. Before he left he commented that my hair was nice...yeah...so happy.

I helped checked the results. Prize presentation went "smoothly" thanks to the help from WL! And yeah...I finally felt relieved. We hung ard to do the packing. Waited for the lorry to pick things up. Fell asleep sitting down...but the BEST sleep I got was on Zijin's car! Her car was VERY, SUPER comfortable! But well, felt quite bad cos we were all sticky and stinky.

Unloaded the stuff...and finally...felt for home at about 9pm on Hazel's father's car. She let me down at AMK and I took the bus home. It's lucky I didn't oversleep. I was SO very tired. Dunno from what since I didn't really run around or move too many things. Guess I was just moving along more than I'm used to. I'm such a pig;P

Came home. Struggled to watch this new korean series that my mum just bought, A beautiful life. And well, had the OTO eye massager on...and the next thing I know. It was the next morning and I still had the machine on my face. Bwahaha...DEAD TIRED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home