Search

I am just Me. Am I?

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Massive blackout!

An extensive blackout that affected at least 1/3 of Singapore happened last night!

It was pretty funny cos' whilst partying on the boat, our parents (esp. e girls' families) called us one by one to inform about the blackout.

Didn't think much about it actually cos' it wasn't exactly the first time a blackout has occurred...but as we realised the extent of the areas affected...a chatter started all about the blackout!

From CCK to AMK to Aljunied to Hougang! Wow...almost all our homes had no electricity!

Suddenly we felt "unlucky" we weren't there to experience it! It must have been quite a sight...or rather...NO sight since it was supposedly pitch dark everywhere. Even street lamps were not working.

My father called 3 times in all, 1. telling me abt e blackout and to bring a torch home (where to find torch?!!?). 2. Telling me to call home before I reach. 3. Telling me that the lifts are not working so i MUST call so that he can come rescue me with a torchlight.

Bwahaha...but when I went back at 12:30...all was well...seems that the electricity was restored at about midnight! Just when my mum was about to sleep...haha...so funny.

Sigh...I'm still rocking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home